Sometimes



I hope, actually I pray that the angels spare us a thought when they take the ones we love up to the sky. Sometimes I wish that angels especially the angel of death, would make appointments. I know I am asking for too much, but it would be great if they gave us a heads up. Just a friendly warning to say: “Yo! We going to take someone you love up to the big house, get your shit in order”.

Sometimes I do wish that the angels would send an email in advance. So that we can tell those most dear to us, that we love them. That no matter how distant we have been, we love them more than we know. 

Sometimes I do wish the angels would send an email in advance. So that we can pick up the phone and tell those dear to us how much we care, how lost we will be without them. How carrying on without them is possible but excruciatingly unbearable, how the thought of losing them scares the fear that we have always been aware of into us. 

Sometimes I do wish that angels would send an email in advance, so that we can say a proper goodbye, so that letting go can be that much easier. Instead of leaving us with so many thoughts of random possibilities, leaving us with a bucket full of words we never got to say, leaving us crying tears that never seem to dry.

Sometimes, just sometimes I wish that the angels could take us to heaven for the day. Just to catch up with those we love, relive the old days and be home in time for dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10.5 in a straight line – The Namib Naukluft Mountains.

Trends of deadly passion

Namibian education system language policy - 5 things that could go wrong