Internal reflections of a young mind


It has just occured to me that I haven't posted anything in quite a long time, I can't blame unemployment for that (I've had enough time to deal with that). As much as not having a particular reason to get up in the morning depresses me, the problem lies with things I refuse to let go, things I held on to instead of severing ties. things that my heart refuses to confine to the past, issues that stalk me at night and disturb my sleep. Do not panic and start to worry, then conclude that I'm crazy; I just deal with the challenges of life this way.  Enough about my problems (i have the whole of 2012 to blog about them), I would like to share a few things that occured to me during one of my philosophical moments.

Perserverance ~: steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement

In situations of great distress there are two natural instincts/When you’re up to your forehead in shit then you have only two options. Either you pick yourself up, dust yourself of and try again or you give up and throw in the towel like a scared little girl. But the ironic thing about being a pussy and giving up is that you are closest to succeeding at the moment you give up. Strange but very true as I have learned from situations where I let people discourage me when I was so close to achieving something.

There is no greater weapon in the mind of a human being than the will to go on, the desire to stand when standing is not easy. You will go far in life if you persevere in dire circumstances, things won't always be easy so one has to thicken their skin to succeed in the cuthroat modern society we live in. Lessons are learned by those who reflect on their past so that it lights their future (I'm sure in your mind you're going "what the heck is he on about?"), our past reveals that Nujoma and soldiers like Mandela and his soldiers before him persevered in the most dire of circumstances so that we could enjoy the freedom they never had (By soldiers I also include those who did not fight with a gun, but with their actions). So now its our time to persevere and show our metal so that the next generation can continue the trend.


Gratitude~: a feeling, emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or about to receive.


Most human beings are ungrateful creatures, yes I just called you all creatures. Always complaining about this and that and never taking a moment to show gratitude for not just being alive but being mentally and physically capable of tackling challenges that appear insurmontable. I will admit that I'm guilty of the same crime, always expressing dissatisfaction (some say I complain too much), but lately I have found myself taking three minutes or more to spiritualy express gratitude for just being able to wake up and breathe again ( Yes! Scientists do pray). At 25 I have the physical fitness to run a marathon and I'm still one the sharpest knives in any box. So when I wake up in the morning I don't complain about being Jobless anymore, I bow my head and give thanks that I live to blog another day.


Living versus existing~: The constant dilemma between deriving some sort of Joy from your life or your life deriving joy from you. Are you living life or is life living you?


If you found out you had two hours to live would you cry, panic!, run to your lawyer to write up a will and get your accounts in order or would you just go down to the nearest bar and drink to the end. What I'm trying to say is would you accept it or would you suddenly start thinking about all the things you still haven't done? Are you living your life to the fullest or are you just a passenger existing in the speeding bus called life?


My new happy place
To put it in plain simple English you cannot state that you're living if you aren't having any fun what so ever (Refering to people married to their jobs), life is short it could and can end at any given moment, hence the least you can do is have as much fun as you can while you can. Live like its your last day, don't exist like tomorow is guaranteed.

Comments

  1. I love this blog right here, its everything i live on!!! Perseverance, Gratitude and Living. I fancy the way you interpret these. Well done..LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10.5 in a straight line – The Namib Naukluft Mountains.

Trends of deadly passion

Namibian education system language policy - 5 things that could go wrong