It could be worse - Count your blessings


What a week! I made my first start for my social league team system brothers, and it did not go as well as planned, actually it did not go to plan at all. The heat was stifling (Wambo land in December), I got cramp in both legs and had to come off after 15 minutes, otherwise I definitely would have pulled up Michael Owen style.
No your eyes are not deceiving you

But it could be worse; I could have been a man united player or worse a man united fan. Losing 6 – 1 to the noisy neighbours, I could hear Arsenal fans all over the world laughing, what goes around definitely comes around.  My team (Liverpool, not Oshakati city) drew with Norwich, but it could have been much worse. I could have been a Chelsea fan suffering from yellow fever, losing to a QPR team that had an old guy with grey hair on the field (bummer!). Chelsea were fined 100 000 pounds (yes, I know it’s lot of money) for showing their true thuggish colours and  getting  11 yellow cards, in the 78th minute the only Chelsea player who did receive a card was the goalkeeper (so much for discipline).

Enough of the soccer talk, I don’t want to bore my female readers with such nonsense, although if you ladies just learned a bit about soccer then I would not have to simplify this stuff. But it could be worse. Have you ever turned up late for a test and felt as though it was the end of the world, well it could be worse, and you could have missed the test all together. Ladies! Have you ever walked out of the house looking so good all the guys (including me) could not stop looking at you, until your shoe/heel breaks (embarrassing right?), but It could be worse. You could have had no shoes to put on in the first place. 


Many of you will identify with me on this one, you go job hunting and all you get is “we regret to inform you that”, but if you think about it carefully, the situation could be much worse. We constantly complain of the government not doing enough to create jobs, forgetting how privileged some of us are to have qualifications that put us in place to be able to search and find jobs. What if you were unqualified, with no school leaving certificate. I know that complaining is in human nature (I do that a lot, guilty as charged), But never do we take a moment to be thankful for what we have, for the blessings that have been bestowed upon us, most of us just complain and never do we appreciate and count our blessings. It could be worse, it could be much worse.


Comments

  1. THIS Serves me right, am the no 1 complain... situations could be worse! gud 1 as always my senior....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10.5 in a straight line – The Namib Naukluft Mountains.

Trends of deadly passion

Namibian education system language policy - 5 things that could go wrong