Life in the Words of Filemon iiyambo - Part 1


For those who know me, they would say that I have a funny quote for everything, sometimes it takes time before they get the joke but it's always funny. These are my views on;

Sarcasm: Namibia seems to be obsessed with uniformity and sameness. One vambo get's a blackberry and they all get blackberries. One guy buy's a GTI  and they all by GTI’s, one stupid idiot knock's up his girlfriend and the rest all follow suit. One guy starts a group called “you know you are from the north if” and next day another starts “you are from the south if”.  Would it hurt to be different? cc(Alfredo hengari)

Confession: Every day since the 3rd of July 2010 has been overwhelming for me, I really have been bent and stretched so much that I still don’t know how I wake up every day still holding it together, through homesickness, stress and heartbreak, don’t know how I am still sane, well I’m technically sane..Well all I know is. God is good; god is great, all the time, like all the time. cc: Mpume Sithole.

Rubbing my own ego: I have an ego the size of antartica, and that is me trying to be humble.
Crazy time in life: It's a teenager's job to disagree with their parents, if you get along with your folk's then you're doing something wrong.

Trying for the impossible:  To a perfectionist no matter how good something is, even if it is world class, to them it's never good enough, it's never perfect. They aim to create the impossible; they aim for what cannot be done. They refuse to see the truth, that the world and everyone in it is flawed. No one and nothing is perfect.

Politics:  is like playing poker with a deaf man, you can be world champion but he will still be able to see that you’re bluffing.
Juju: We are children of fearless fighters, we learned this from OR Tambo, we learned this from Nelson Mandela – Julius Malema.

Inspirational Athletes: Frans “Pac” Paulus, a lion heart that not even disability can knock down. Oscar Pistorius a.k.a Blade Runner, fastest man on no legs, speed is all in the head.

Family Planning: Like any man I want kids, but I want to be able to give my kids the world. In order to do that I have to be able to afford it and to arrive at that level I have to hustle. So please excuse me while I get back to my hustle. Brain over brawn, it’s how real hustlers do it.

Best compliment I have received: “Malima, you are awesome, my colleagues at work keep wondering why i’m laughing”. Thank you Katrina “Kat Antonius.

Being funny: People say i’m funny must have me confused with trevor noah, and that’s a heck of a confusion because i’m not even yellow type. People who say i’m handsome must have me confused with Will Smith, all I have is sarcasm and bad jokes, but it got brown eyez, so it works.

In Hard times: Keep saying to yourself, that I am strong, I might fold, I might bend under pressure but I will never break, no matter what.

Namibia: Heaven on earth, you will never appreciate or understand until you see for yourself, please come and see for yourself as we could use the foreign currency and we like tourists.
Why im quitting Windhoek lager... eventually..some day.. hopefully: It’s cheaper staying sober! Not to mention your safe from babalaas!

Comments

  1. Aww... Did not think Mine would win the best compliment competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff malima

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my good people, you are much too kind, your words of encouragement are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10.5 in a straight line – The Namib Naukluft Mountains.

Trends of deadly passion

Namibian education system language policy - 5 things that could go wrong