I love you guys, no homo!

Tuesday night I went to Saint Germain de Pres and the place was tranquillity personified, no wonder Alfredo goes on about the place, on weekdays it’s quite a nice place to distress but it aint got nothing on the Corner (WHK Stand UP!). Enough of that! The reason I went there was to watch the second part of the penultimate showcase in the Harry potter Saga, The Deathly Hallows part 2. It was a bit too fast paced (goes to show, turning a book into a movie is not easy). Why am I only seeing it two weeks after it premiered? Well some of us have infinite stacks of data to assimilate and Master thesis’s to submit (I do work you know, all that constant face-booking is just a coping mechanism to kill the homesickness).

Anyways to cut a short story even shorter, our dear Mr Potter Gives himself up, he plucks up the courage, holds his head high and walks towards death like it was an old friend, a lamb heading straight for the slaughter. He did not do it because he was crazy but because he chose to. All of this is fictional and created by the 10 year old imagination of J.K. Rowling. But why on earth would he do such a thing? Does he not want to live, does he actually want to see his life flash before his eyes, and mind you it would be a short flash.

Now let me get to the point, the fundamental question I pose is what do you live for? Do you do it because your parents tell you to? Because it’s what everyone else is doing? Are you peer pressured into it? Are you just living for the sake of living? I asked myself this question several times, and don’t think I’m crazy, I only talk to myself in my sleep or so I have been told. What do I live for? Is it for geology? Surely not, I can’t be that contaminated by the Parisian obsession of taking work too seriously. Do I live to blog, surely not, there is more to life. Questions, so many of them and so very few answers.

And then while listening to fireflies by owl city, it hit me (not literally). The answer to that question was known to me for a long time. Who do I live for? You! Yes you! (don’t look puzzled) it’s quite simple. All those who read my blog, keep tabs on me via Facebook, the few who inbox me, lil sister Etuhole who keeps asking when are you coming home (when she knows the date), My three moms (will explain that one later), the poor souls who deal with my stress at work. All of you, but why? What did you creatures do that made you so special. Well it’s simple is it not? Love, let me say it again L-O-V-E. You have all shown me love, although blind and very stupid or so they say. Love is something humans beings do naturally, something we are not taught. I mean how can you teach a son/daughter to love his/her mother/father. I love all of you funny creatures (only calling you that because there are so many of you), no homo though. All of you have shown me love, even if it’s only 10%, it still counts. So I am at your disposal my friends (you lucky bastards, excuse the swearing). Hence if you’re ever hungry, cold, need a dollar for taxi, geology giving you a headache or just need a friend (lord knows we all need a friend), you can call on me and I will help where I can, just don’t forget to ask nicely. My mom always said even if you’re in dire straits, manners are still manners. I will come to your aid; because you would do the same thing for me (You would, wouldn’t you?).

It’s really essential that we understand love and be there for one another, they say you don’t know what you have till it’s gone. Never wait till it’s too late to show someone you care and you have their back. That person could be gone in a matter of seconds, with car accidents piling up and ever so fatal these days. Existence on earth is finite (we are all going to die), but your contributions will survive, memories never die, hence as long as you love (I’m talking caring, tolerance and genuine consideration for other beings, not that crazy boyfriend/girlfriend type) then you somehow will always live on, because your friends will never forget you and what you did for them.

Somehow I wish the few in power in Namibia understood this and reconnected to humanity, to realise the children they are urinating and trampling on are sons and daughters of the men and women who hid them, fed them and kept the whereabouts secret from the South Africa’s apartheid killing machines.

So until our next instalment (promise that the next one will be funny, Lea I will get you (one day!)), Please keep out of trouble and remember that I love you guys (no homo).

Luna-luna-lovegood-289964_1920_1279neville longbottom sword of griffyndor

Like i said we all need a friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10.5 in a straight line – The Namib Naukluft Mountains.

Trends of deadly passion

Namibian education system language policy - 5 things that could go wrong