Conflicted

Honesty is one of those things that can actually end up doing more harm than good. You end up hurting the person more by being honest with them, the truth really does hurt. Sometimes you cause less pain by lying and being dishonest than by coming forward and telling the truth. More times than I can remember I always chose to tell the truth and ended up hurting people when it was easier and less traumatic to just lie.

Honesty can also confuse people; it can leave them people with more unknown variables than a quadratic equation. Sometimes being truthful just creates more disorder than there was originally.


If I stick by my honesty policy then the cat is out of the bag, you will know that I actually don’t want to be your friend. I don’t want to end up back there again, but you are not exactly in a position to be more than what we currently are. Am I hoping that in your current state of confusion you make some rash decisions that open the door; I am ashamed to admit that I do. It’s evil to want an association between two people to self combust, so you can pick up the pieces. I am ashamed to again admit that I do, all of this makes me seem like an evil little scheming douche bag. Remember that thing I said about honesty being a double edge sword, it doesn't seem so crazy now does it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10.5 in a straight line – The Namib Naukluft Mountains.

Trends of deadly passion

Namibian education system language policy - 5 things that could go wrong