What happened to the namibian man?


Not long ago, the Namibian man was a symbol of pride, he stood for freedom and was a sign that mountains could be shifted and that obstacles that looked insurmountable could be moved. Fast forward to 2011 and even I am ashamed to be a Namibian man, because even if there are a few good men left, the actions of the bad apples reflect badly on all men.

The Namibian Man was the Alpha lion of the pride, the faithful head of the house. Fast forward to 2011 and he is nothing but a skirt chasing dog in a pair of trousers who humps anything in a skirt under the age of 25, while lying through his teeth to his faithful who he abuses as he likes. He no longer provides a good example to his children; he is forever drunk and has no sympathy in his heart, which explains why he would beat a mother in front of her children. Again I am ashamed because a few bad apples ruins the whole bunch. 

The Namibian Man was not immune to mistakes, but he always owned up to them. Fast forward to 2011 and he is nothing but an irresponsible seed planting fool impregnating women left right and centre, an imbecile who has the audacity to have a child with a woman and leave her for a naive gold digging young city girl (who will suffer the same fate). The Namibian Man was caring, sincere and a protector, fast forward to 2011 and all that is left are rapists, killers and snakes. Maybe I am being too harsh and ignoring the few good men who take care of the kids, who shoulder their responsibilities, who do well by their women, who put their siblings through school, but as I said one rotten apple spoils the whole bunch.

My aunt told me recently that she considers most men as representations of the devil; especially men with money, pick up a newspaper and the headline with confirm her statement. It’s blatantly obvious that somehow we as men have lost the plot somewhere, how it got to his point I can never explain. But the responsibility falls upon us to redeem the honesty of the Namibian man. It is on us to right the wrongs of the idiots who have tarnished not only the reputation of the Namibian man but have urinated on our integrity. I admit that I have gone overboard and have proceeded to be overly graphic but the truth has to be told, that this shit has to stop and it has to stop now.

I commend efforts by organisations like the one headed by reverend Ngeno Nakamela because social education is essential in the modern world it’s the educated man who is the beacon of light, Men who still have the core values that define a man are rare but they do exist. My friend Lovisa once told me that as a man I should not wait for a woman to instil the fear of god into me, it should already be there, it should be my light and it should guide me to the woman that god created for me. I pray that men read this and change for the better; my dream is the return of the Namibian Man.

Comments

  1. This need to be drilled into the heads of the rotten apples (the so called men) in Namibia.. Really.. Well i hope the remained good ones don´t rot in a blink of an eye too... Nice one Bro

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10.5 in a straight line – The Namib Naukluft Mountains.

Trends of deadly passion

Namibian education system language policy - 5 things that could go wrong