Uranium, Stress and Insomnia


Guess who’s back, back again, Fly is back, tell your friends, to read my blog..guess who’s back, read my blog, guess who back *singing*. Yes, I am back. Did anyone miss me? Was anyone going to send out a search party? 

Well in myself imposed blogging hiatus some things have happened, some better than others. Obviously Arsenal getting pasted by Man United was one of those, the gunners retaliated by buying 5 players, one who looks like he could hurt someone. Per Mertasacker is the first Arsenal defender since Tony Adams who actually looks like he could make Wayne Rooney his bitch. My favourite tattooed midfielder Raul Mereiless was poached by Chelsea (fuc**** C***s), excuse my language. But we still have Stevie G. The new look brave warriors even managed to win a game and look good at the same time, but best of all was Chrsysander Botha’s twinkle toe sidestepping through a sea of Fijian Rugby players at the world and did I hear Frans Steyn go “WTF? That Kotze guy can kick from 50m too?”. I am fully behind the Welwitschias and I know the Boks are gona get battered even if we don’t win.

So what have I been up to? Well I was writing my master thesis. Did I hear someone say; Thesis, what’s that ? well it’s defined as a well articulated document that presents academically constructed ideas for review by peers. I’m sure you can tell from the above that it’s some hard shit. But I got it done, did i hear some say: How? Well all I can say is with faith, talent and bottle of brandy, you can do anything.  Did I hear some say; but how can alcohol be useful? Well although alcohol in excess is not good for you,  in moderation it sure as hell kills the nerves and is the quickest way to kill a panic attack. Did I hear some say; What is a panic attack? A panic attack is like not being able to breathe while you’re actually breathing faster than normal, wait! Is that not hyperventilation? All I can say is that I have found a use for alcohol.

The tools that i had at my disposal





One would assume that will all that stress and expectation that I would be so exhausted that I would fall like a brick and sleep like a baby at the end of the day, no such luck for me. I have what you could call a sleeping problem, a disorder of sorts; some would call it a challenging circumstance. Did I hear someone shout; “you have amnesia?” Nope, amnesia is when you forget things, what I have is called insomnia. It treats me like were friends and always wants to hang out when I want to sleep but at least I have found a way to exploit it. Did I hear someone say; “How can lack of sleep be good?”. As it turns out, my brain activity goes haywire when I can’t sleep, which makes blogging so profitable, when I blog at 3 A.M, at 3 A.M. I can probably find a cure for laziness’. It’s like I am high on some good Kush, it’s like that orgasmic build up of energy before the big explosion into a state of ecstasy.

So now that we have proof and authentic evidence that (a) The impossible can be done (b) Miracles do happen and (c) I am a geek. Therefore we can assume that if I can do it, then you can also do it, it’s not that hard, it’s just difficult. But like my Lecturer Lev Filipov says “The mind can do extraordinary things if the owner permits it”. You’re confused huh? Still scratching your head? Well he believes that I underachieved on my mineral processing report because I gave up too quickly and convinced  my brain to produce a C+ report and instead of an A+ report (if you’re still scratching your head, I understand, I ddn’t get it the first time either), but reading between the lines I came to understand that he was just saying that winners don’t quit and quitters never win. So there, if I can did it, then you can also did it but don’t try the brandy because that only works for us coconut types.

Till Next time, stay out of trouble.

Do not disturb, Genius at work

Comments

  1. You're a fantastic writer Malima. I always learn a few things from you each and every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i understand why you always on skype after 12... Wanna read ur thesis, is it in french?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The profs were kind enough to let me write it in english.. will mail a copy to you as soon as all the corrections are done. you might have to remind me coz i forget sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10.5 in a straight line – The Namib Naukluft Mountains.

Trends of deadly passion

Namibian education system language policy - 5 things that could go wrong